Designed exclusively for Forensic applications, the Drive Lock FireWire/USB device provides a secure hardware write protect solution for hard disk drives. Sensitive Forensic hard disk drive data can be previewed, acquired or analyzed without the possibility of altering the drive’s contents. The device is designed to block write commands sent to hard disk drives connected through the computer’s FireWire or USB interface. No special software is needed. The unit is compact and is easily portable. The Drive Lock FireWire/USB device is an important addition for any Forensic Tool Kit.
The DriveLock FireEire/USB write protect device prevents data writes to the P-ATA hard drive and is connected through the FireWire or USB ports.This write protect device will also block Serial ATA hard drives using the optional S-ATA option. It is an Ideal tool for Computer Forensic applications, designed to block write command sent to the hard drive while previewed or duplicated.
- Write Protection Through USB or FireWire Interface: Provides Write block protection for drives connected through the USB or FireWire Interface.
- High Speed Operation: Supports the USB 2.0 or FireWire 1394b specifications for High Speed operation.
- Hot Swap Capability: The Drive Lock FireWire/USB device allows drives to be Hot Swapped, eliminating the need to power cycle the PC when replacing drives.
- Multiple Media Support: Supports P-ATA hard disk drives and supports S-ATA drives using the ICS S-ATA adapters. Notebook drives are also supported using the unit’s built in 2.5” interface connector.
- Portable: The unit’s small size and lightweight allows for complete portability and ease of use in the field.
- Preview and Acquire: Provides a forensically safe environment to quickly Preview and Acquire data from drives.
- Ease of Use: All the necessary USB and FireWire data cables are supplied and no additional software drivers are required for operation.
- 48-Bit Support: Provides 48-bit drive support to handle drives larger than 137GB.
- Serial-ATA Adapter: The ICS Single Channel S-ATA adapter is available to support S-ATA drives. The S-ATA adapter provides a write protect solution for S-ATA drives when used in combination with the Drive Lock FireWire/USB device.
- Supply Voltage: 100 - 240V / 50 - 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 3.5W without drives
- Operating Temperature: 5 degrees - 55 degrees C
- Relative Humidity: 20% - 60% non-condensing
- Net Weight: 0.5 lbs
- Overall Dimensions: 4” x 3” x 1”
- Universal Auto-Switching input voltage
Disk Jockey IT
Disk Jockey Forensic
Solo IV IT
Solo IV Forensic